Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hathaway Talks About "Wonderland"



In an interview in Italy for Bride Wars, Anne Hathaway had more enthusiastic remarks about the making of Alice in Wonderland:

I play the White Queen – Hathaway said - I filmed this past fall. I worked for two weeks. I had an absolute ball. I was very lucky I had a couple of weeks to create this character. The thing about Tim is that whenever you are working with an auteur like that, your limits for the character are the limits for their imagination and in the case of Tim Burton there are no limits to his imagination. It was wonderful living in a very creative word everyday, it was odd I have never done full greenscreen before: there was a room four times the size of this room, with ceilings they go three times as high and it’s all green. You feel like you live in a kind of ant colony… a very green one. That was strange… but it was just new. I loved working with Johnny Depp . And Mia, the girl who plays Alice – people are gonna love her portrayal, she is a very exciting young actress… I loved it. I just loved playing my character”.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something tells me that Hathaway will be the "female" Johnny Depp. Before Johnny got his first role with Tim, he was involved with roles that "didn't suit him" as he said. Anne Hathaway seems to like the bizzare and finds Tim Burton to be clever and creative, I think we are going to see a totally different actress after this, I am excited!!!

Anonymous said...

Did anybody now something about the script?

Anonymous said...

I hope so too (anonymous 1). She'll probably be like Winona, but hopefully he does more than two films with Anne, I really like her.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I found an interview with Michael Sheen about "Alice" on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LzjOo0Ufo4

Anonymous said...

she seems too cerebral and boring to me - no instinct.

wedding said...

I love Anne Hathaway, I do hope this movie opens up some new roles for her. I can understand the 'cerebral' comment but I think that she can push past that and really excel in her craft.