Saturday, February 11, 2012

Updates on "Beetlejuice 2"



ShockTillYouDrop.com spoke with screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith, and asked him about whether Beetlejuice 2 will become a reality or not. "It's a reality in the sense that I met with Michael Keaton last week," Grahame-Smith told us. "We talked for a couple of hours and talked about big picture stuff. It's a priority for Warner Bros. It's a priority for Tim [Burton]. Right now, I am writing an animated movie for Tim based on an idea of mine. Then I adapt Unholy Night [based on the upcoming book]. The third I am hoping is Beetlejuice in terms of writing schedule."

And what was Keaton's excitement level like?

"Huge," the writer added, "he's been wanting to do it for 20 years and he'll talk to anybody about it who will listen. I really told him, I have a huge reverence for Tim and a huge reverence for that film in general. I don't think we should do it if we shit on the legacy. He agrees. So, right now, it remains to be seen, I have a couple of story ideas, but we're very early out."

So, it's possible that Grahame-Smith and Burton might be working on two more projects after their collaborations on Dark Shadows and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter: an animated film (which is likely the stop-motion film, Night of the Living) and, if Warner Bros., Keaton, and Burton agree, possibly Beetlejuice 2. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the animated film he's talking about is Night of the Living, a project he and Tim were considering, which is about a town of monsters trying to defend themselves from humans. This was revealed along with Beetlejuice 2.
I guess NOTL will be Tim's first original movie since Edward Scissorhands.

deadhearts666 said...

What ever happened to Monsterpocalypse?

Fuzzy Duck said...

There hasn't been any news on "Monsterpocalypse" for quite a while, but we shall keep you posted!

deadhearts666 said...

Thanks Fuzzy Duck. I'm hoping if they do proceed into making Beetlejuice 2, they will keep Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice and keep it gothic-like styled with a little creepy girl like Winona Ryder. Plus I'm hoping they leave the CGI and special effects out of it, to keep it as real as possible with props, it makes the movie a whole lot better. Not including to keep as many original writers and screenplay writers as possible. R.I.P. to Michael McDowell and Warren Skaaren. But hopefully Larry Wilson will take the opportunity to participate in the next Beetlejuice, I wouldn't want it any other way...because people like Tom Duffield who worked on the set of the film would know more about the feel/era of the movie than someone newer. And I really love Aggie Guerard Rodgers for the costume design for that movie. Great costumes for that movie.