Saturday, August 04, 2012

"Frankenweenie Unleashed!" Soundtrack Art, Karen O. Song


Rolling Stone
reports that we can expect two soundtracks for the new film, Frankenweenie: Frankenweenie Unleashed!, which will feature music and songs from and inspired by the motion picture, and which will bear this glow-in-the-dark album artwork on the cover, and Frankenweenie: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, which will feature Danny Elfman's score. Both will be released on September 25th.

We don't have many details regarding Frankenweenie Unleashed! yet, but Rolling Stone states that it will at least feature a song by Yeah Yeah Yeah singer Karen O., "Strange Love." Her song will also play during the end credits of the film.

"There's a magic and nostalgia in this film that reminded me of being raised on Tim Burton's catalog," said Karen O. "I was thinking, 'Oh yeah, this man shaped my artistic sensibility over the past 20 years alongside thousands of other impressionable offbeat youths.' Tim wanted an unconventional unconditional love song."

"My music inspiration came out of the same era of B-movie fright film references sprinkled throughout the film," she continued. "I went in the direction of exotica and calypso stylistically because it's quirky, good vibes music of that era, and when you throw in a Theremin solo, it's a marriage made in heaven. I remember Beetlejuice introducing me to the genius of Harry Belafonte's calypso record, so I wanted to give a nod to that, too."

No comments: